top of page
If each player in a foursome saves five seconds per shot,
each round of golf would be shortened by 30 minutes!
- Minimize practice swings.
- If one player cannot reach the group in front, let him hit first.
- All members of a group should try to watch each other's shots until the ball comes to rest. This will avoid many lost balls.
- Carry a spare ball in your pocket.
- Give instruction only on the driving range.
ON THE TEE
- Tee off when you are ready and there is room to hit, whether or not you have honors or you hit the farthest.
- Hit a provisional if in doubt.
- After hitting, return to your clubs and be ready to proceed.
ON THE FAIRWAY
- Limit lost ball search to 3 minutes. A ball played after 3 minutes results in a penalty.
- Be ready to play with selected club in hand as soon as it is your turn.
- Drop off cart passenger, and then go to your ball.
ON THE GREEN
- Read the green as you are approaching it, or when others are putting.
- Putt out, unless impeded by another ball.
- Park carts towards the rear of the green and next tee.
- Mark scorecards on next tee, not this green.
- Leave yur extra clubs between your ball and your cart/next tee.
bottom of page